Those interested in making donations for the Haitian relief effort may do so at the following drop-off sites.
- High Class Car Service at 604 West 158 Street between Broadway & Riverside Drive/Edward Morgan Place. Telephone 212-926-1111. High Class also will pick-up items at your home or place of business; please call to schedule an appointment.
- Mamajuana Cafe at 247 Dyckman Street between Seaman & Payson Avenue. Telephone 212-304-0140
- Tabaco y Ron Cafe at 501 West 214 Street & 10th Avenue. Telephone 212-567-7170
- House of Art — Anyone can drop off canned goods, clothing, water or monetary donations. All donations will be given to the Yele Haiti Organization. House of Art , 373 Lewis Avenue, (corner of Macon & Lewis Ave.), Brooklyn, NY 11233, 347 663-8195
- Yele.org was founded by Wyclef Jean to assist his native Haiti. Besided donating online, you can text ‘Yele’ to 501501 to donate via your phone. It get charged to your bill and it’s only a $5 donation.
- Konbit Pou Ayiti means Working Together for Haiti. They are a Haitian based organization. They support women’s groups, promote art, direct assistance groups and of course, they have a relief campaign you can donate to.
- Save The Children has a fund set up especially for the earthquake in Haiti. The minimum donation is just $10.
- UNICEF is another reputable organization.
- ‘Layered’ is an art exhibit with works by Marthalicia. Thurs, Jan 14. 7pm marks the opening. FRESTHETIC GALERIA. 560 Grand Street off Lorimer, Bklyn. There will be a Yele.org representative accepting contributions and Fresthetic will be an official drop-off location for donations, food and clothes. Marthalicia and Micheal Cordero (of Fresthetic) are both awesome people.
- ‘Words’ at the Nuyorican Poets Cafe will be collecting food and clothing. Sat, Jan 16. 10pm. 236 East 3rd Street between Ave B and C, NYC.
The Bowery Poetry Club is holding a Haiti Earthquake Relief Fundraiser on Sat, Jan 16. 10pm. 308 Bowery between Bleeker and Houston. $10-$20 sliding scale charge, NYC.
- The Caribbean Cultural Center African Diaspora Institute is holding the I Am Hayiti (Haiti) Relief Fundraiser and Benefit. Fri, Jan 22. 6:30pm. 408 West 58th Street, NYC. Minimum donation $10. The CCCADI will be a drop-off location for NEW clothing (especially underclothes and socks), water and supplies. Contact Shantrelle Lewis @slewis.cccadi.org for info.
Category: * ALL EVENTS *