As I put up the information for the Harlem Republican Club’s History event I saw a link on their website titled I Believe. While the list is very vague, (it surely doesn’t address many of the hot button issues that divide Republicans and Democrats) I found their beliefs to be interesting.
As I read the list, I wondered if this was a standard for the party or something that the Harlem Republics wrote. Clearly, based on their support for Obama, they don’t always agree with party ideas.
After reading the beliefs below, let me know if you think you’re a Republican …. or just agree with the list below.
- I BELIEVE that the strength of our nation lies in the individual and that each person’s dignity, freedom, ability, and responsibility must be honored.
- I BELIEVE in equal rights, equal justice, and equal opportunity for all regardless of race, creed, gender, age, or disability.
- I BELIEVE free enterprise and encouraging individual initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth, and prosperity.
- I BELIEVE government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow individuals to keep more of what they earn.
- I BELIEVE the proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private organizations and that the best government is that which governs least.
- I BELIEVE that that most effective, responsible, and responsive government is that closest to the people.
- I BELIEVE Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong while developing new and innovative ideas to meet the challenges of changing times.
- I BELIEVE Americans must value and should preserve our national strength and pride while working to extend peace, freedom, and human rights throughout the world.
About the Author (Author Profile)
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.